Balance Disorder and Gait Rehabilitation in Columbia, MD (Howard County)
As we age, walking can become difficult due to a variety of reasons. Good balance can also diminish with aging. We at BEAT Physical Therapy educate and help you to regain lost balance which directly improves your walking.
Causes of Gait and Balance Problems
Balance and walking difficulty can be the result of many different ailments including but not limited to brain disability, loss of sight, trouble hearing, broken bones, loss of muscle mass, or sensory nerve abnormality.
Common Medical Conditions Leading to Gait and Balance Abnormality
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Post surgery hip replacement therapy
- Parkinson’s Disease
Symptoms of Gait and Balance Problems
Patients may experience double vision, dizziness or vertigo, motion sickness, or light-headedness.
Our team of experts at BEAT Physical Therapy will evaluate your physical condition and set goals to help improve your balance difficulty.
Come to our PT facility and book an appointment. We are just at the heart of Columbia, MD, near Columbia Town Center. BEAT PT is near Little Patuxent Pkwy and Governor Warfield Pkwy.Dial (410) 884-0000 to reserve your appointment and begin your one-on-one physical therapy with our experienced adult physical therapists.
Links related to balance Issues in older adults, seniors, or the elderly:
- Geriatric, older adult, or elderly rehabilitation services offered by BEAT Physical Therapy.
- Common musculoskeletal disorders experienced by adults.
- Why trust our BEAT physical therapists?
- Learn more about how to avoid falls.
- Available programs to rehabilitate balance and gait pattern problems of adults.
- Physical therapy treatment of osteoarthritis.
- Early indicators of Parkinson’s Disease.
- How to diagnose early signs of gait and balance disorder?
- Experience stroke rehab physical therapists in Little Patuxent Pkwy and Governor Warfield Pkwy, Columbia, Howard County MD.