Hand and Wrist Therapy in Columbia, Howard County MD
Hand and wrist injuries restrict fine motor skills. People experiencing pain, tingling, swelling, stiffness, or numbness in the hands or wrist will have difficulty performing regular daily activities. BEAT Physical Therapy provides an evidence-based treatment approach that meets the needs of each patient. BEAT physical therapists are experienced in assessing various hand injury conditions and addressing the cause of problems. Our hand rehabilitation program is designed to provide the exceptional care to help your hand or wrist return to the best possible range of motion and activity.
Effective Hand and Wrist Injury Treatment Techniques
BEAT Physical Therapy is committed to helping you reduce and control the symptoms so that you can live pain-free, active, and return to your normal lifestyle.
Our physical therapists apply proven therapy manipulation, hand and wrist exercises, and specific equipment to help patients regain strength and improve mobility and hand functions.
There are different approaches in treating conditions that affect the hand, wrist, and upper extremities. The more common techniques include:
- Hand Splinting Technique
- Home Exercises Programs
- Manual Therapy or Manual Therapeutic Technique
- Neuromuscular Re-education
- Physical Therapy ModalitiesTherapeutic Exercises
Common Symptoms Affecting Hand and Wrist Problems
- Aching or Pain in the hands and wrist
- Difficulty in performing daily activities
- Decrease or Loss of motion or dexterity
- Numbness or Tingling in the hands and fingers
- Stiffness of hand and wrist
- Swelling of joints in the hands and wrist
- Visible deformity of joints in the hands and wrist
- Weakness of hand and wrist